Galaxy S2 users in Poland, Hungary, Sweden in Europe and South Korea in the Asia Pacific region can enjoy the new ICS that already official release by Samsung last week . Samsung also state that the update will be available for every country in the world.
Today, in a Hong Kong Samsung FaceBook Pages, Samsung finally announced that official updated for Hong that S2 to ICS 4.0. Now, Hong Kong Samsung Galaxy S2 users can now enjoy the new ICS 4.0official Update and enjoy the Android 4.0 new features.
Hong Kong Galaxy s2 users or other countries which listed as above can update their Galaxy S2 through Kies or via Over-The-Air upgrade which you will receive update notification on you Galaxy S2
Galaxy S2 ICS Upgrade
You can upgrade your mobile to Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) thru KIES 2.0 or FOTA.
To upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich, you must upgrade KIES to the latest version.
(KIES 1.5 does not support upgrading to ICS)
To upgrade mobile OS thru FOTA, large firmware file must be downloaded in your mobile.
So it’s strongly recommended to use high speed WI-FI connection when you upgrade your mobile to ICS thru FOTA
1. Major Improvement
– Platform upgrades Android 2.3 Gingerbread → Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
ㆍ Face Unlock and Android Beam are added
ㆍ Mobile Network Data usage function is added
ㆍ Usability of multi-tasking and some applications is improved
※ Because of ICS OS feature, Adobe flash and Bluetooth 3.0 HS will not be supported in
ICS OS (Bluetooth 3.0 is supported still)
(1) Initializing a few user data
· After ICS upgrade, important user data (like phone book, message, and picture) will be maintained. But due to the changes in the software, few user data or setting value will be initialized.
· Home screen and sequence of applications
· Setting value of a few applications which are improved.
Note: To prevent unexpected data loss, please back-up your data thru Kies before upgrading.
(2) Internal memory space
· To upgrade to ICS OS, enough device memory is needed
(Thru Kies: 60MB at least, Thru FOTA: 350MB at least)
· If device memory is not enough, please delete downloaded applications, SMS/MMS or E-Mail
· How to check device memory : Applications – Setting – Storage – Device memory – Available space
(3) Application compatibility
· In ICS OS, few applications which are downloaded from Android market or other will not work because they are not optimized in ICS OS
· If the application from Android market is not working in ICS, you may notify application developer
(4) Customized firmware
If unofficial or customized firmware is installed in the mobile, unexpected problem can happen during upgrading
You May Also Like
Latest News and Tutorial About Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.0 (Link)
Download And Update Samsung Galaxy S2 with Official Android 4.0.3 XXLPQ Firmware (Link)
Official Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.0 Update Now Rolling Out (How To Update)
How To Root and Install Clockworkmod Recovery For Galaxy S2 Android 4.0.3 XXKPLQ ROM (Link)
Stay tuned with us at Facebook and Google Plus to get updates on latest Android Ice Cream sandwich update for Your Samsung Galaxy S2.